this year's cookie tin (with bonus pie!)

I know it's a week late but I still wanted to squeeze this in before the new year. 😁


Two new cookies this year: Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll from Minimalist Baker (which I didn't glaze because I thought they were sweet enough even though that takes away from their cinnamon roll-ness) and Easy Jam Thumbprints from Delish. I can't believe I'd never made a thumbprint cookie before. Mine are filled with raspberry fruit spread and peach-apricot jam. The other ones are your basic Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, which was a last-minute swap. Otherwise I could've attempted one of the (too many!) sugar cookie recipes I have.

So after making and freezing a cookie every Sunday I still made two pies on Christmas Eve. First, this Pumpkin Pie that I also made last year because it really is that good, and second, this:


Brown Sugar Peach Crumble Pie from Sally's Baking Addiction. I went one pie plate size too high for both pies but that didn't affect baking or texture or anything.


So that's 2019. See you next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...