review: *new* Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies cereal

 Because snacks converted to cereal has been going on for a while now, and comfort food any time of day is peak 2020, Kellogg's presents: Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies cereal. (I feel like I have to include "Little Debbie" in the name everytime 😉)

So why this one, when I resisted Twinkies and Thin Mints, among others? I haven't even had an Oatmeal Creme Pie in a decade, at least. I don't know, maybe it's just the most nostalgic time of the year. So I picked up a box yesterday and opened it this morning.

First off, you should know that it's not tiny Creme Pies. It's actually a big donut-shaped puff, made from the tried-and-true combination of corn and oats. Seriously, so many themed cereals use this base. Just swap out the shape cutter and the flavors. The "creme" is actually a dusty coating that makes the bag smell like marshmallows. Not an unpleasant scent in the morning. 😁 I also picked up hints of cinnamon and nutmeg, and a quick check of the ingredients confirmed my taste buds, so yay me.

But does it taste like an Oatmeal Creme Pie? Does it matter? In this case, I'm not in the mood to be picky. It captures the essence of the treat, which I think is better than trying to eat a chopped up Creme Pie in a bowl of milk.😄 Overall, an interesting experiment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...