review: *new* Great Grains -- Red Berry Almond Crunch

 Looks like someone decided to upgrade Special K Red Berries...


I'm pretty sure this is a new cereal. I just happened to be wandering down the cereal aisle last and this was on sale, plus I haven't had Great Grains in ages, so I jumped at the chance to try it.

I forgot to do the sniff test, probably because there was no noticeable aroma when I opened the bag. As for taste, my initial reaction was, wow, these are some thick flakes. Were they always this thick? We've got wheat, rice, oats probably in there, too, not just the clusters. Let me check some old reviews: yep, same thick flakes. Also, apparently I only eat Great Grains every two years 😄

The dried strawberries were a little chewier than I would've liked. Is there another berry in these "red berries?" If so, I didn't get any in this first bowl. Overall this cereal was a little on the dry side and not really sweet at all. I could've done with some more berry flavor, at least.




P.S. Did you know Blueberry Morning is Blueberry Nut Crunch now? I should've probably re-review this. It seems the Great Grain-ification is now complete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...