review: *limited edition* IHOP Mini-Pancake cereal -- blueberry and syrup

 I'm assuming it's a limited edition.

So maybe you know I'm a sucker for things that taste like other things. Pumpkin spice syrup? Sugar cookie ChapStick? Blueberry Waffle Eggo cereal? Yes, please. But speaking of that last one, I'm starting to think blueberries and maple don't really translate as a cereal flavor.

I have to start this by saying my opinion was already clouded by reading a not-so-positive review but I tried to keep an open mind. Sniff test: ok, hints of blueberry and maple. Looks: more domed than a pancake, purplish like when you mix blueberries directly into your pancake batter, and little blue sugar dots that I guess are supposed to represent blueberries? Taste: actually was exactly what I expected--that weird gritty corn base pressed into yet another shape and a flavor that wasn't really blueberry or maple. Definitely not something I'd eat a whole bowl of--as a topper for a flavor switch-up, fine. I'm glad I waited for the price to come down--clearly they were trying to get rid of it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...