review: *new* Maple Cinnamon Cheerios -- Hearty Nut Medley

 The name is a mouthful...and so is the cereal 😄


Skipping ahead two cereals to get to this new product...you know General Mills always drops a new Cheerios when you're distracted by the holidays. So I opened this one this morning and decided to review it while it was still fresh, so to speak.

So yes, there's a lot of elements to this cereal, but I can't hate on a product with almonds and pumpkin seeds. I will say, though, I could've used more pumpkin seeds. I had one this morning. One. But considering the size I wouldn't be surprised if all the seeds are in the bottom of the bag. Come to think of it, everything here is on the small side: the actual Cheerios, the flakes, the almonds sliced almost paper-thin.

Sniff test: a bit maple-y, but not too strong. Taste test: what's interfering with the maple experience? Oh, that's the cinnamon. Okay, then. I tasted everything individually but it was all pretty much maple and cinnamon. Or a cinnamon-infused maple. Ever had cinnamon maple syrup? That's what going on here.

One more thing: just nitpicking, but my cereal poured really fast. More than I needed. But I ate it 😁



(Up next: I have some catching up to do. I know there'll be more new stuff coming...)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog