reviews: *new* Special K -- Baked Cinnamon Crunch and *seasonal edition* Summer Blueberry

 (We can keep the latter short and sweet.)

But I want to start with the Baked Cinnamon Crunch because it took me a while to eat and by the time I finished I had long forgotten what flavor it was 😯 And you know I love cinnamon. I guess on the plus side it's a practically neutral mixer? Other cereals, fruit, what have you. But back to my original review: I wasn't sure what would constitute the "crunch"--maybe an oat cluster? And what did the "Baked" refer to? Was the cinnamon baked into the flakes? Because that's what it tasted like. Back to the sniff test: plenty of cinnamon aroma, a good sign. Tastes...a little burnt? Is that a baked-in cinnamon flavor, as opposed to a dusted-on later, like Cinnadust? So it basically tasted like a cinnamon Frosted Flakes without the extra sugar. It still needed something, though.


As for the Summer Blueberry, it's just Special K Blueberry in a cute seasonal package. I might've taken the occasion to tweak the formula a little bit, maybe combine it with last year's Special K Peaches & Creme (which apparently I didn't review 😳) Or, you know, have blueberries be the extra thing in the above cereal. Just a thought.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog