dinner can also come in a bowl

This is another soup I have to make every winter (and with the third snow in a week, it's definitely soup season) and it happens to serve up nicely in our Christmas bowls: Tortellini, Greens, and Bean Soup. For the greens I always use spinach; I still haven't gotten up the nerve to try Swiss chard. It'll happen at some point. And we finally have a pepper grinder--it really makes a difference, especially if, like me, you like to season a little heavy on the pepper. My mother commented that she would even eat the broth without the pasta--the combination of pepper, fresh garlic, and tomato paste is really that flavorful.

We served this last night with breadsticks since, like the recipe says, it's more of a brothy pasta dish. And that's all we needed to complete the meal.

Now I guess I'll go watch the snow fall for a few more hours. Then maybe a bowl game (no bowl pun intended). Next entry: something cereal related.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...