the leftover(s) entry

Not to leave anyone in suspense...

We had plenty of dark meat left on our turkey, so the next day I made the appropriately named Next Day Turkey Soup. I would've had enough string beans, too, if I hadn't needed to toss the discolored ones (I had a bag of the frozen kind as a backup). And I happened to have an extra sweet potato on hand. This soup is delicious and full of vegetables. Maybe it helped that the turkey was also tender and not dried out (shameless plug for my mom's Kenmore roaster). I think orzo might be my new obsession.

Alongside, the rest of the cranberry sauce and...stuffin' muffins! It's just fun to say, and super easy: preheat your oven to 350 degrees; spray your muffin tin with cooking spray--we use Pam--or butter it if you're so inclined; mound your stuffing into as many cups as you need and then bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crispy on top. I will admit mine fell apart a little but some of the cubes just didn't get moist enough in the first place.

I also had half a can of pumpkin left from the pumpkin pie so Sunday morning I made a double batch of pumpkin pancakes. Another really simple recipe (from Relish but not on their website): make the recipe on the back of your chosen pancake mix, then add canned pumpkin and a tablespoon of molasses. I find that 1/2 c. of pumpkin is enough for one batch, which is why I had to make two to use up the leftover pumpkin. And also, you never know how hungry people are going to be...
If you've never had pumpkin pancakes before, be warned: they are filling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...