a bananner day

So I hadn't really felt like writing--or eating--for the past two days. But then I remembered what this blog is about: a shared love of food. I believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day, whenever you eat it. So, my Internet friends, let's get back to it.

...although actually we're talking about dessert today (but if you eat one of these cookies for breakfast I won't say anything). Last week I made these Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for several reasons: I had a banana in the freezer; I had some semisweet chocolate chips to finish off; and I had a taste for oatmeal cookies. Going by the title, though, I guess they're supposed to be chocolate chip cookies with oats added. The banana adds flavor (obviously) and a moistness but not an overly chewy texture. This cookie leans more toward the hearty side. And it's made with just a little bit of butter. Bananas are baking magic.

(I've been eating these cookies while watching The Crown. Fascinating show.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...