use me up, buttermilk

Let's say you have buttermilk in your fridge. You used it in one recipe. Now what? Well, there's always Sally's Favorite Cornbread. Since that post last year, that's become my go-to cornbread. I've made it plain, with blueberries, with bacon (and dark brown sugar). You can't go wrong there.

What I actually bought buttermilk for was this Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake. I rarely get to make birthday cakes for my sister anymore since she's not around much, so of course I was going to make exactly what she requested. Okay, so she wasn't that specific: "strawberries or blueberries" gave me some wiggle room. This cake was basically a pound cake with blueberries. Just so you know. And even though it says to only butter your Bundt pan I strongly suggest using a baking spray with flour. I lost a small chunk of cake but was able to put it back together and nobody minded. Cake is cake.

Then I felt like making scones but I needed to get away from the berries (so many berries). So thanks, Google, for finding these Peach & Honey Scones. Gahhhh, it's like eating peach pie for breakfast. I mean, I would eat peach pie for breakfast anyway 👌, but this is the next best thing. One note: if, like me, you don't own a bench scraper--and I should really get one of those--go ahead and cut all the way through your patted out dough with a knife. Otherwise you'll end up with a blob of unbaked dough like I did, and you'll have to separate it and put it back in the oven (like I did). Worth the effort, though. 😋


******
Hey, guess what? My next two entries will be cereal reviews.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...