review: *new* Shredded Wheat -- Frosted Mixed Berry

It seems Shredded Wheat has decided to get into the Frosted game. That's good; Mini-Wheats could use the competition. I decided to start with the Mixed Berry so I could compare it to the raspberry-filled Mini-Wheats I already had on hand (did you know they still made this? I never really thought about it until last month).

Anyhoo, as always, I started with the sniff test. I'd call it a "generic berry" scent. Then came the taste test. It took me a second to reacquaint myself with the texture of Shredded Wheat--it's been a while. They're closer to a square-shape than Mini-Wheats and also chewier. I'm sure the berry filling factors in there.

According to the box, the frosting is blueberry--and obviously, the filling is mixed berry--but it all tasted like Fruity Pebbles to me. Maybe I should bite off the frosted half to get a better idea of the flavor next time. I would still rank the aforementioned Mini-Wheats ahead of this (and Berry Fruitful even higher) but I'm still intrigued by the other two flavors (S'mores? Really?) and will definitely try them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...