pi day hangover

Okay, it wasn't that long...I just didn't get a chance to post this yesterday. And, funnily enough, I had planned the week's meals (yes, I am a planner😛) before I realized this past Wednesday was Pi Day. Anyway, enough setup, here's what we had for dinner: Healthy Chicken Pot Pie. I've made this once before but decided to make it again this week in lieu of soup. Anyone else getting tired of soup? Or Nor'easters?

Then at almost the last minute I realized I should find a use for the second pie crust. While I'm at it, I should also try to finish up these frozen cranberries. Hey, don't I have a recipe for a Cranberry-Pear Galette?

Well if I do, I couldn't find it. So I ended up making this one: Cranberry-Pear Galette with Pecan Crust, without the pecan crust. It made just enough for four, which was my intent; I didn't want to make a full pie and have it go to waste with people going their separate ways. That was my first galette; I would recommend this as a starting point for anyone intimidated by pie.


********
Next week: I'm finally going to open the next new cereal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...