random breakfast product review: Just Crack an Egg

Because we're doing this now.


So you know I like to try new things (especially with coupons)...and I wanted a hot breakfast this morning. (First day of Spring? Hahahahahaha.) And I was overdue for an egg. Enter: Just Crack an Egg. If you recall from last year's Lent Challenge I've cooked eggs in a mug in the microwave before so the appeal here was not having to chop up any mix-ins.

All of the fillings come in neat little packets that peel open easily. I wasn't sure if they'd be, well, filling enough so I went with the two-egg option. Oh, maybe I should've mentioned that first. It's like that Price is Right golf game: Just Crack an Egg...or Two. But still large eggs. I don't know what would've happened if I'd used extra-large eggs. As it was, I discovered a teensy corner of not-quite-cooked egg when I reached the bottom of the cup.

Wow, this is what happens when I write reviews off-the-cuff. I also should have mentioned that I had the Rustic Scramble--because Italian = Rustic?--with turkey sausage, mozzarella, potatoes, and red peppers. And a hint of mushrooms. Just barely. You may find that it needs a little extra seasoning (maybe a pinch of oregano?) but I ate it as intended.

It was satisfying, I'll give it that. It's still satisfying. I won't need lunch for a while. And I'll probably end up trying the other flavors, too. If they're on store shelves that long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...