review: *new* Frosted Mini-Wheats -- vanilla latte

I'm not a coffee drinker, so why am I trying this? Will I even like this flavor? Maybe I shouldn't get the larger box...

These are all the thoughts I ignored when I finally found this cereal after nearly a month of searching. It's Mini-Wheats, it'll get eaten. Upon opening the box I thought I detected hints of vanilla and caramel. Then as I struggled with the bag: no, wait, maybe that's kettle corn? Finally I was able to get the bag open: ok, there's the coffee. From a quick Google search, apparently lattes are made with espresso, so I guess that's what I'm supposed to be smelling/tasting.

As for that taste, it's not my favorite, but it's not bad. It definitely accomplishes "vanilla latte." And for curious non-coffee drinkers like myself, adding milk will dilute that coffee-like edge. For coffee drinkers looking to change things up, I suppose this is for you...?



*******
It seems there's suddenly a glut of new cereals I want to try: two from Kashi, four by Post, and a new Cheerios. I will do my best to get through all of them this summer (probably not all the Shredded Wheat, though).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...