one last berry blast

So peak berry season is over. I'm already ready to move on Fall flavors. Actually, today I'm ready to move on. This past weekend I decided to say "so long" to fresh berries with Triple-Berry Muffins and Mixed Berry Galettes. I held off until nearly the end of summer to make these muffins so I could swap half a fresh peach for the raspberries (which nobody likes but me--boo). I had to increase the baking time due to the extra peach juice that got in my peach batter layer--the fruits go in their own portions of batter, so make sure you have enough bowls--and that may also have increased the moistness but they were still delicious. Loaded with fruit, nearly equal amounts of batter and fruit.

Moving on to dessert, because when you have extra berries and an extra pie crust in the fridge, of course you put them together 😉. These galettes were so good I could've made four more with peaches. Instead I just dumped in what was left of the straw- and blueberries from breakfast, which turned out to be too much, so I couldn't fold the pie crust over. I ended up with little tarts instead. Nobody said anything, though, because like I said, the flavor. Sweet, sweet berries. I'll miss you--at least until I make my first apple bake of the season. 👋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...