review: Cascadian Farm -- Multi Grain Squares (plus bonus mini-review!)

And here's another Cascadian Farm product that I never noticed until they redesigned the boxes. I was just looking for another cereal-mix option besides my usual Life or Oatmeal Squares. It was on sale that week, it was square, so I thought, hey, I'll give it a shot.

The grains that make it "multi" are wheat, corn and rice, and the combination gives it a crispness like Chex. Actually, just looking at it you'd think, "flat Chex." It's not very sweet, which makes it perfect for mixing with other cereals that may have a stronger flavor profile.


*bonus* mini-review: Nilla Banana Pudding

My general rule of thumb is, if it's in the house, I'm tasting it. Generally. I know I've missed a few Frosted Flakes because I just don't remember to try it. But I saw that someone had purchased this Nilla cereal--which I wasn't interested in--so I figured it wouldn't hurt to taste it. The inside of the bag smelled like banana Runts (remember those?) so I wasn't expecting much. A taste of the corn cereal "wafer" reminded me of every sugary corn cereal (why were they always corn-based?) I had as a kid. So...meh. Honestly, I'd rather eat actual banana pudding for breakfast. Or even a bowl of Nilla wafers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...