review:*new* Kashi GO Maple Brown Sugar Flakes & Clusters (plus bonus mini-review!)

Somehow I missed the clusters in the name.

In case you hadn't heard, Kashi dropped the "Lean" from their GoLean cereals and added new verbs to each variety. This one says GOSpark, because nothing sparks your day like maple and brown sugar? Or maybe the flakes, the first in the GO line. I'd been avoiding these cereals due to the various soy iterations in the ingredients, but this one just has a multigrain flake and oat clusters. They both have a pleasing maple flavor but I wasn't crazy about the flakes. They're a bit on the dry side.

There was one nice surprise, though. As I was finishing up I noticed something small and green floating in my milk. Is that...a pepita? Yep, there's actually pumpkin seeds in the oat clusters.

I've been layering this with Raisin Bran just to give both an added dimension. Not bad.




bonus mini-review: (new?) Fruity Lucky Charms

If you're a regular reader of this blog then you know this isn't something I'd buy for myself. But my policy is, if it's in the kitchen, I'll sample it. Now imagine Trix with marshmallows. That's pretty much it. Just substitute oat bits for the balls of corn, and dye them all a pinkish-raspberry shade. Ta-da.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...