review: *new* Raisin Bran Crunch -- Vanilla Almond

You can't go wrong with almonds...except when you don't have enough.

As soon as I tore open the bag I was struck by "vanilla." It made its presence known. I also picked up notes of cinnamon which made the vanilla more complex and appealing.

The taste was vanilla in everything. Not a complaint. Like I said above my main issue was the lack of almonds. Maybe they're further down in the bag, but not so much that first morning.

Now prepare to have your mind blown (I assume you're reading this sitting down). There's no actual vanilla in this cereal. WHAT. I went to the website to make sure I had the name correct and the presence of cinnamon (yep--score one for my taste buds) but as I read the ingredients list--wheat, sugar, molasses, yeah yeah yeah--no vanilla. Oh, wait. "Natural Flavor." That has to be it. There's no way you could make a cereal this intensely vanilla without some vanilla bean or extract or something. Phew. I'm not crazy yet. Seriously, though, this cereal is good. 😵😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...