review: Honey Bunches of Oats -- honey roasted

AKA the OG Honey Bunches of Oats.

Would you believe after all these reviews, I've never gotten around to this one? Could you also believe I've never tried this flavor? True, I tried the granola many years ago, but not the cereal. Considering all the flavors of Honey Bunches of Oats that have come and gone, Honey Roasted is the constant. The known quantity. Why didn't I try this one first?

Ok, so after all that hype I suppose you want to know what I thought of it. First off, the flakes in the freshly opened box were surprisingly sturdy. You know I've often pointed out the scraggly scraps of flakes in various Honey Bunches of Oats. To be fair, they're not called Honey Bunches of Flakes. But these had a nice crispness to them.

Where they really stepped up--beyond my expectations, actually--was the size of the bunches. If you're sampling the original Honey Bunches of Oats, you want to know what's so great about the bunches. What's kept them in production since 1989? Oh, it has to be the bunches. Big crunchy clusters of oat goodness. I have to say the flavor was more "roasted" than "honey" but I'm not complaining. I'm eating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...