when life hands you a bag of apples...

Apple-ade isn't a thing, so what was I to do?

I'm a problem solver and I enjoy a challenge, so of course I'd figure something out. Right away I thought of this Crockpot Applesauce recipe that I printed, literally, that morning. I'd never made applesauce before and this seemed pretty hands-off, so I was willing to give it a try. If you're willing to chop up apples and blend the finished product in batches, it's really not complicated. I even left the peel on, which I never do for pies and such. But everything cooks down and is totally edible. The best part? It tastes like apple pie. Exactly like apple pie but without any crust or butter.👍 We ate it for dinner the first night and I used the rest in yogurt. This is definitely a make-again.

So that was the Galas. But then I still had the golden delicious. I had a taste for waffles so I went with this Apple Cinnamon Waffles recipe from Minimalist Baker. I think I already had a copy of this recipe but never made it because it seemed like a lot of work. I have to be in the mood to chop and saute apples before breakfast. Half the apples go in the batter and half on the finished waffles so you get double the apple-fix. I skipped the cooling step because no one had time for that so they were probably a little more chewy than they could've been otherwise--but there's also applesauce in there, which makes baked goods softer anyway. Surprisingly, maple syrup didn't take away from the apple flavor.



*******
I know I haven't reviewed any cereal in a while. I'm working on it. Hopefully next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...