review: Nature's Path Honey'd Corn Flakes

 Has it really been a month? Oops.


I was waiting for some of the new expensive cereals to go down in price but I ended up grabbing this while it was on sale. I've been meaning to work my way through all the Nature's Path cereals for a few years now but something always got in the way.

So the first thing I noticed was the flakes. Actually, I should've bothered to look at the front of the box first. For some reason I never think to do that in the morning. I just want to eat 😄  Anyway, the first thing I noticed was the shape of the flakes. Bigger than Corn Flakes. And flatter, as I realized after pouring. They look more like corn shavings than corn flakes. I don't know if that's on purpose or if Kellogg's has some patent on their corn-flaking process. Checking the ingredients now...oh, ok. They're made with corn meal, which explains the rough and bumpy texture--and the thickness. They hold up a little bit longer than regular corn flakes (if you drown them in milk/alterna-milk like I do).

Now that I think about it, they're like the corn version of their bran flakes or Heritage Flakes. As for the flavor, I get a hint of sweetness but not necessarily honey. Cane sugar is listed before honey so that might explain why.






Up next: either a photo update or a new cereal. Depends on when I remember to do it. 😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...