review: *new* Raisin Bran -- Maple Flavor

 Tried it in the summer but it feels more like a Fall thing.

I'm a big fan of truth in advertising. Or even just truth in descriptions. So when a cereal says "maple flavor," they're not kidding. The flavor of maple and actual maple syrup are two different things.

You know, one of the things I never liked about original Raisin Bran was all the sugar in the raisin creases. With this variety, the maple flavor is hinted at but not slathered on. No one wants to bite into a crunchy raisin. (Unless you do. I don't 😝)

The maple also barely came up in my initial sniff test. It was mostly bran but you should know by now, I like my subtle cereal flavors. It gives more options for mixing. The taste was pretty straightforward: the flakes taste like "maple," the raisins taste like "maple." It's not a wow but it's good enough for a cereal.




********
I still have two cereals to go in my Summer Series. I know, I know...

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog