thanksgiving spotlight

I didn't think it was necessary to list everything that went on over the long holiday but I did want to mention a few things. First, this Jellied Cranberry Sauce, which I made for the first time. I've only made cranberry sauce one other time, in '10--and that was with Craisins. This time I wanted to try the real thing but in a way I thought my family would enjoy it. Like a lot of people, we were used to the Ocean Spray in a can, so when I found this recipe I figured, hey that's not too far off.

It was perfect, and even better the next day. So I definitely suggest making it the night before to make sure it's completely solid.

Ok, on to dessert. This was a pumpkin pie year for me, so I tried this one, from PARADE. It's not a typical custard-y filling, probably due to the corn muffin mix. Even that little bit made a difference. Actually it reminds me of a sweet potato pie I made last Xmas. Texturally. Spice-wise, it's intense, in a good way. We polished this off in two nights, even without my mother partaking (she doesn't like anything about pumpkin pie). She did exclaim, several times, "This looks like something you got from a bakery!" So, two winners for me.

Coming up: what I did with the leftovers. Also, three more breakfast products to review. We'll see when and in which order...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...