feelin' crabby

A rarity: my dad actually had a birthday dinner request--crab cakes. I have so many binders full of recipes now that it was easy to say, hey, I have a crab cake recipe I want to try. Namely, this one: Maryland-Style Wheat Germ Crab Cakes. Of course my mother turned up her nose at the idea of wheat germ in and coating her crab cakes, but I usually just ignore her objections. She almost always (with the exception of quinoa--boo) changes her tune after sampling the final product. Here's the secret to wheat germ: it really doesn't taste like anything. Seriously, it might as well be bread crumbs. Which is the purpose it serves in these crab cakes.

As for the flavor, at first I thought oh, what a bright, fresh, lemony-herb flavor. Then the Old Bay sneaks in on the back of your tongue (or whichever part of your tongue tastes "spicy"). In short, they were delicious, and the leftovers were even better as sandwiches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...