review: *limited edition* Quaker Pumpkin Spice instant oatmeal

Yeah, I went back and bought it. And then I ate some Monday. Hey, the mornings are getting cooler. I think I'll be having tea next week. Anyway, to the oatmeal. There's fewer packets but more in them. They call for 2/3 of a cup of water instead of the usual 1/2. I ate two packets anyway because I was hungry and it's, you know, oatmeal.

Tearing into the packet was like ripping open a canister of pumpkin pie spice. It smelled familiar and enticing. The finished product dialed the flavor down a notch, though. I don't know why. Too much water, maybe? And I was surprised it wasn't more pumpkin-colored like the Archer Farms version I had a few years ago. But maybe that's a good thing, no artificial coloring. Still, it could've been more pumpkin-y. Of course, nothing tops making it myself, so I'll have to try that again the next time I have leftover canned pumpkin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...