pepped up

(We interrupt our regularly scheduled blog entry for this important announcement: Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. 2014 AL East Champions!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Now back to Living in a Cereal World.)

So, after the last--and first--time I stuffed peppers I was primed to try it again. Enter this convenient recipe from People magazine: Spinach and Meat Stuffed Peppers. I wasn't sure how filling it would be so I made the full meat mixture but only stuffed four pepper halves. I had only a little bit leftover. If you spread this out over eight pepper halves you might be able to eat two but I don't know your eaters.

I don't think this recipe would have worked if it was all pork (not enough flavor) or all beef (you'd get that feeling of a wad of meat sitting in the pit of your stomach). The two meats together provided a nice balance. And none of the combination of peppers, tomato sauce, spinach or Parmesan cheese was upsetting to anyone's delicate natures, so to speak, so that was a plus. I will make this again in a few months, I'm sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...