stuff and things and overnight oats

It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, I've been busy, plus I needed time to finish some cereal before restocking. But there'll be some reviews coming up next, plus an interesting cookie recipe.

Since I've been doing some traveling, I thought it was a good time to try Quaker's new packaged Overnight Oats. They come in a lidded tub, not unlike their Real Medleys oatmeal. Of course you need a lid to keep it covered overnight (the next morning? Not so helpful, so watch yourself). I tried the two flavors I could eat: Blueberry Banana & Vanilla Bliss and Toasted Coconut & Almond Crunch. As you might know, I can't do walnuts and only a small amount of pecans (so I'm not going to take the time to pick most of them out). I have no issue with the flavor, only the texture. If you add only milk, you get runny oats. You could almost drink that 😛. The second time I added Greek yogurt, hoping that would thicken it up a bit but somehow it ended up even more runny. Adding fruit helped a little bit--sliced banana in the former, blueberries in the latter--but if I were to eat this again I'd try one of two tricks:
  1. add milk as directed, but also stir in a teaspoon or two of chia seeds;
  2. or only add half the milk (you'd have to eyeball it) and add maybe 1/3 c. of Greek yogurt.
But for the rest of the summer I'll probably be making my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...