this, that and the other thing

I know I said cereal would be next but I have one more roundup of other foods first.

Firstly, these Make-It-Mine Oatmeal Cookies from Better Homes & Gardens. Some people may not want to have to make all these decisions but I love love love options. I will tweak recipes anyway but this customizable oatmeal cookie is like an edible Choose Your Own Adventure (and you know it will end well). And mine happened to come out tasting like one of my favorite retired cereals, Multi Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios. Here's what I opted for: 

  • butter plus peanut butter
  • brown sugar plus granulated sugar
  • allspice
  • maple flavoring (I used extract--I think those are actually two different things)
  • AP flour plus wheat germ
  • mixed dried fruit bits (which I actually couldn't find so I chopped up regular dried mixed fruit)
So why did it taste like Peanut Butter Cheerios? The combination of oats, peanut butter, and maple would be my guess.

******
Next, I just wanted to share this picture:

I was really proud of my crimping this time. Usually I'm more of a slapdash crimper but for some reason I took my time and worked with the pie crust so it wouldn't fall apart in the oven. Oh, and I've made this Peach-Blueberry Pie several times over the last few years but this was the first time I made it in summer to take advantage of the fresh fruit.

*******
Finally, I tossed the rest of the blueberries in these Wheat Germ Pancakes. Why, yes, I have been trying to finish off this wheat germ.😉


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...