This year's cookie tin

Finally the holiday whirlwind is over and I have a minute to myself 😉. I only had enough time for two new cookies this season (plus my mom's standby sugar cookies) and I didn't stop to take pictures of either. Plus I'm still figuring out logistical issues. I'll get to it soon.

So this year I went with these oatmeal cookies--baked for Santa, the elves, and everyone else. I thought oatmeal cookies were in order following the busyness of the move, but these were a little sweeter than I wanted. Everyone else devoured them, though.

And speaking of devouring, what screams "Christmas cookie" like a mint chocolate chip cookie? The cookie itself tastes like--and I mean this in the best way--you scooped it out of a tube of Pillsbury dough. The mint chocolate chips just take it over the top. I couldn't find the green-and-chocolate Nestle chips as pictured, so I used Hershey's instead (same mint, all one color). These would probably make awesome ice cream sandwiches, too.



*******
New year, new cereals! It looks like there's some peach and cinnamon coming to stores in 2018...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...