Pie-resident's day

Or, All the Cranberries in the World.

I didn't mean to have cranberries twice in one weekend. It just sort of...happened. First with these Cranberry Blueberry Muffins. If it's from Ocean Spray, I trust their take on cranberries. So let me give kind of a weird compliment: these muffins tasted just like a boxed mix. Seriously, like I'd just added Craisins to a Betty Crocker Wild Blueberry mix. If I'd used wild blueberries instead of the regular kind it would've been exactly that. Except, you know, homemade.

Secondly, I made a pie for the holiday/guests. Originally I had planned to make an Apple-Cherry Pie, but due to others' dental issues at the moment I couldn't risk an accidental cherry pit. But Apple Cranberry Pie? It's a go!👍 Luckily I thought to snag a bag of fresh cranberries last month before they disappeared from store shelves. Somehow I always miss out on baking with cranberries in the Fall and I don't get around to it until...right about now, actually. Cranberries and gingerbread. Got to work those in before Spring hits.

Anyhoo, the pie. It's been a while since I made a Sally recipe, and I wanted a pie that everyone would like so, there you go. If you follow one of Sally's baking recipes, you shouldn't miss. I should say, though, that it's a bit heavy on the cinnamon. Not a problem for me, as you well know, but I just thought I'd point that out for others.


********
Next: another cereal review. Honest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...