review: *new* Special K Nourish -- berries and peaches

Remember when Special K launched their Nourish line? And perhaps you remember when I reviewed the cereal? Well, I never thought I'd be trying one of these again but here we are, two years later. To recap: the original cereals had these soy twig-like pieces that I couldn't eat (thanks, latent soy allergy! 😒) and would have been waaay too much trouble to pick out. But this new flavor, Berries & Peaches, does not.

What it does have: multigrain flakes, freeze dried berries, more freeze dried berries, freeze dried peaches, and little yogurt-y bits that I honestly don't remember for all the fruit. Seriously, pile on the fruit, Special K! I am not being sarcastic for once.

For some reason I thought there was only one kind of berry so I was surprised to find blueberries and raspberries. The freeze dried peaches are a new one for me. I honestly couldn't tell if they freeze dried or just regular-dried (you know, like raisins). They're weird little square pieces but they add so much flavor. When I opened the bag I was basically smacked in the face by peaches. Not a complaint. I enjoyed this cereal so much that I'm really just nitpicking here.

I also just wanted to note that the raspberries are very tart. Surprisingly tart. I don't know if that's the influence of the peach flavor or what. Just a heads up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...