Week 2, what did I do?

I'm gearing up for this next round of snow. I really thought we were in the clear--Spring's like, ten days away!--but no, Winter's not through with us yet. 👎

At least there's more hot breakfasts on the horizon.

So, here's Week 2:

  1. Monday: Chai Spice and Pear Oatmeal, which I've made before. The other half of my pear (from the previous Friday) was still good, so of course I couldn't waste it.
  2. Tuesday: Peachy Keen Granola Parfait, wherein I learned I'm not allergic to thawed frozen peaches. Yay!
  3. Wednesday: I made a wrap with peanut butter, fruit spread, strawberries and granola. It was kind of a combination of several recipes.
  4. Thursday: Cheese Frittata in a Cup. I can't find the exact recipe but there's plenty of other versions out there. It's just two eggs, cheese, a tablespoon of milk, salt and pepper. Mix in a mug, microwave for a minute, stirring every 20 seconds. I'd never micro-cooked eggs before so I erred on the side of caution and overcooked mine just a bit. It wasn't necessary because it was hot down in the bottom. Also, make sure you use a mug, not a teacup. The eggs may rise.
  5. Friday: Banana Oatmeal Pancakes. This is from a blog I read regularly, so lucky me that this popped up while I was collecting recipes for Lent. I wasn't sure how a flourless pancake was going to work but believe me, you can't tell the difference. Okay, if you're really trying you might find a touch of oat grit, but otherwise, it's just pancakes! Seriously, serve them to a kid or a loved one. They won't know. 😉
  6. Saturday: Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie. This was my first experience with almond butter. And while it smelled delicious in the jar, I think it gave my smoothie a weird aftertaste. Either that or my banana was not quite ripe enough to freeze. Or I was just tense from preparing to go out in a wind chill in the teens. We'll see what happens when I have almond butter again this week.
  7. Today: I'm not planning on including Sundays (it has always been a hot breakfast day in my family) but this recipe has to be shared: Baked Spanish Tortilla with Ham. If you're like me, you don't normally include potatoes in your breakfast. Ham, maybe. But this was delicious and not too much work since I did some of the prep the day before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...