review: *new* Kashi Superfood Combos -- Honey Cinnamon

I did not know what I was getting into when I picked this up yesterday. It was more of a knee-jerk reaction: New Kashi? Yes. Okay, so I did check for potential allergens first, but considering that it says "by kids" on the box, I'm assuming it's geared toward the majority of kids.

What I really meant by that introductory sentence was that I didn't pay attention to the shapes, or bother to read the description on the back on of the box. "Honey Cinnamon" was all I needed to know. So it took me by surprise when I found two different shapes inside: spirals (like Cinnabon cereal) and square puffs (like the size of Shredded Wheat bites, but the same corn-grainy texture of the spirals). Also, they're filled with apple puree. That was a surprise. I think I would've called this cereal "Apple Cinnamon" instead. It reminded me of apple cinnamon Nutri-Grain bars. The only downside was the chewiness once drowned in milk. But that's how I eat my cereal, so I'll deal with it. Now I'm curious as to what might be hidden in the other flavor...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...