extra thanks, more giving

Since we went away for Thanksgiving this year, we had a backup turkey sitting in the freezer, meaning it was time for Second Turkey Dinner. 😁 And most importantly, the pies I didn't get last month.

Pie #1: Easy Lattice Apple Pie. Because it had "easy" in the name and I had enough stuff to do leading up to Christmas. It's very spice-heavy and not overly sweet: perfect for topping with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Pie #2: Best Ever Healthy Pumpkin Pie. Ok, maybe not best best but very good. And I'm always looking for pumpkin pies that don't call for sweetened condensed milk because I cannot handle that stuff. You might have pumpkin pie fanatics in your family who are sticklers for that gelatinous/custardy consistency who wouldn't like this but they'd have to really be sticklers.


And all new sides for me: Slow Cooker Stuffing (it makes a lot--I had to jam it in my 5-qt Crock Pot); Cranberry Orange Sauce (of course it's delicious); and Asian Style Sweet Potatoes. Now you may ask yourself, how does this go with traditional Thanksgiving flavors? Surprisingly well, actually.



*******
Barring any unforeseen travel, I will definitely be opening a new box of something this weekend. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...