unofficial zucchini week

It seems like a lot of blogs have been getting their Zucchini Weeks in lately. I didn't mean to; I just had a taste for zucchini. It started with these Zucchini Cookies with Chocolate Chips from Well Plated that I've made before and wanted to make again. You can only make oatmeal raisin cookies but so many times, right? You should know, though, that the texture isn't for everybody. Even with most of the liquid squeezed out of the zucchini shreds they're still going to be soft and almost...fluffy. I love them. I store them in the fridge and then reheat in the microwave. Chocolate gooey goodness.

Then I made this Cinnamon Sugar Zucchini Coffee Cake from Pinch of Yum. I was trying to finish up some buttermilk and I wondered, hmm, is there a zucchini coffee cake that calls for buttermilk? There's almost always a recipe out there for whatever criteria I come up with. Thanks Google 😉. I did cut back on the brown sugar but it wasn't noticeable.

Finally I made this Stuffed Zucchini with Sausage and Onion from Giant (it might even predate their Savory magazine; I've had this recipe for a long time). I was visiting relatives and I find that the more I cook for myself the better my stomach feels later. So I cut this recipe in half and ate it twice. Of course it was good both times!


I really hope to be done traveling for a while. Three trips in two weeks (two of those trips for emergencies) certainly got me out of my rhythm. All the rhythms. I don't like going two weeks without blogging. Besides, Fall's around the corner (please? It's so humid right now 😬) and there should be new products to review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...