review: *new* Frosted Mini-Wheats Filled -- mixed berry

(I told you not to hold me to it. 😉)

So why did Kellogg's feel the need to launch another fruit-filled Mini-Wheats so soon after Touch of Fruit of the Middle? I think the answer is in the name. It's no longer just a touch (see my reviews herehere, and here). I think Post's Frosted Shredded Wheat came in there in 2017 and showed them how to really stuff a wheat biscuit. And all those interesting flavors are gone now, so, your move, Kellogg's.

First impressions: upon opening the bag I was smacked in the face by the scent of berries. Ok, that bodes well. But wait. Which berries? I couldn't sniff it out. Next, the pour. Some of those biscuits looked like they were about to burst with berry filling. So that's new. And the flavor? Still couldn't place it. Definitely berries. If pressed I'd say raspberry and blueberry? Let me check...yep, those two and strawberry puree. And...dried apples? Maybe that's what was throwing off my taste buds.

I get it now, Mini-Wheats. Maybe you could attempt a cinnamon-filled one next?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...