review: *new* Annie's Fruity Bunnies & Blossoms

Why try this cereal? I was in the mood for some fruity flavors. And who doesn't like bunnies?

It's very Spring-ish, when you think about it, these bunny and blossom shapes. The perfect cereal for a cold, gray winter--except it's sunny and 60 degrees right now. I'm sure the February snow dump is coming. Anyway, to the cereal. The key word here is subtlety. There was barely a hint of berry aroma to pick up on when I opened the bag. The purples and pinks of the cereal bits are very soft shades.

I tasted a purple bunny first; it had just a hint of berry. A pink blossom came next--was it a different flavor or the same, but less of it? The plain bunny also tasted the same, probably from being surrounded by berries. The corn, oat and rice blend give the pieces a crisp bite that gets chewy in milk but that also helped to bring out the berry flavor.

Overall, I'd call this "Trix Lite." So if you're looking for natural berry flavors with fruit juice-colored pieces, this is your cereal. Now I think I'll try some of Annie's other bunny cereals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...