winter baking

After December's Christmas cookie crush, I had to step away from the oven. But I slowly eased back into it with these Harvest Cookies. I can never say no to a good oatmeal cookie. Some people don't like the chewiness of a cookie made with honey but I think that's a good quality for a oat-based cookie.
Next my services were volunteered to make these Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I find when you're tasked with making gift cookies you can't go wrong with chocolate!😋 (btw, I used the leftover pumpkin to make these pumpkin pancakes)

Finally, I tried my hand at a birthday cake for my mom. Usually I make her an upside-down cake or a cake with fruit in it but this year I did this:

She also loves gingerbread so instead of a traditional loaf I made this Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Maple Glaze (the unglazed part went in the freezer). I'd been having issues with under-baking last Fall so I may have erred on the side of caution and overbaked this one by at least five minutes. But honestly? That burnt sugar flavor just added more kick to the ginger.



*******
My new cereal schedule was screwed up by an unexpected trip last week but don't worry, there's two in the queue. 😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...