occasional granola review: *new* Cascadian Farm -- cinnamon apple

...or so it says on the box. On the website, Apple Cinnamon. No added sugar, no sugar added. Semantics. Either way, I didn't even notice that part when I picked up a box last week. I just knew Cascadian Farm had new granola flavors (the other being Coconut Cashew).

So without the added sugar what stands out most is the cinnamon. It's--I don't want to say odd, because I like it--a deep cinnamon flavor, almost clove-y. Not like what I'm accustomed to using in my baked goods. Is this where the date powder comes in? Could be.

As for the granola itself, it's very crisp and crumbly. Like all Cascadian Farm granolas. The freeze-dried apple slices are easy to bite even with the skins on. I guess the next time I make a granola I'll have to find an apple cinnamon recipe--hopefully with that kind of apple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...