review: *new* Great Grains -- Raisin Cluster Crunch

So they decided to drop the dates and pecans...? Actually, no, this is just a new flavor, replacing the coconut variety.

The first thing I noticed when pouring were those same knobby flakes that you find in all the Great Grains. They're a blend of wheat, rice, and oats and not pressed to death, which makes for a thick, hearty flake. I guess those are the "Great Grains?" I never really thought about it. They were also a bit on the dry side. Nice robust cinnamon scent, though.

The raisins were chewier than I would've liked, which--along with the dry flakes--made me wonder if the inner bag hadn't been punctured at some point, resulting in a slowly stale-ing cereal.

Notice I didn't mention the clusters. That's because I totally forgot about them. They were not that cluster-y. I've had way bigger. If you're going to put clusters in a flake cereal--and in the name of said cereal--they need to be sizable. I like a big crunch to offset the flakes going soggy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...