mini-reviews!

This is how it works, basically: I bake stuff to share with my dad, he buys cereals I never would, which I then sample, anyway. 😄  So here's my quick take on two of them:


Lucky Charms Honey Clovers: The honey clovers themselves were surprisingly large, and the marshmallow pieces ("marbits") on the small side. I think. It's been a while since I looked at actual Lucky Charms. I tried a clover. The honey was a basic honey flavor. But wait...what is this...oh, that's right, they're not oats. It's a corn cereal. Why? We all know honey and oats work together: it's called Honey Nut Cheerios. Then again, they could just add marshmallows to those, but I don't want to give General Mills any ideas.

So, just...eh.

Cookies & Creme Krispies: I had no idea there were so many recipes for cookies and cream Rice Krispies Treats. But I guess someone at Kellogg's found out and decided to make it into a cereal. When I first found out about this I thought, another unnecessary variety. But sometimes unnecessary can also be delicious. 😁 Now I love cookies and cream ice cream--it's one of my favorites--but I'm also not a big chocolate cereal person. Chocolatey Delight Special K is about as chocolate as I'm willing to go. But this? Was surprisingly good. Would I eat a whole bowl of it? Nah. Would I sprinkle it on other cereals for a flavor change up? Absolutely. Ooh, or maybe yogurt. Or peanut butter toast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...