how to use a can of pumpkin--again

I know what you're thinking: Pumpkin? In summer? Especially this summer? Honestly, I had a good reason.

My grandma requested cookies for her birthday, and since I can't see her right now, I was happy to oblige. So I had to find a cookie that was a) soft enough for her to eat, and b) would travel well by mail (and not totally melt in this heat!). I'd been planning on making these Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies soon anyway, so, pumpkin challenge accepted. 👍

You know I love pumpkin, but pumpkin in the summer? I was thinking cold recipes. Starting with Pumpkin Overnight Oats from Cooking Classy (and I'll be making the other four recipes before the summer is over 😁).

Next, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars from The Lemon Bowl. Yeah, I had to turn on the oven for these, but I've been eating them with yogurt! 😛

After that, a Pumpkin Pie Yogurt recipe from Eating Bird Food that I've shared before. But this time I used regular yogurt, not Greek, because that's what I had on hand. Also, I did not eat a pumpkin granola bar with this. Even I have my limits.

Finally, even though it wasn't quite enough, I still used the last few tablespoons of pumpkin in this Pumpkin Banana Smoothie from Beyond Frosting. I ended up adding Greek yogurt because it was about to expire.



*******
Next entry: hopefully a new cereal if I pick it up tomorrow. 😜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...