review: *new* Caramel Apple Jacks

Is it broiling where you are? We seem to be stuck on broiling or soaked. Either way, it's a good day for a cold bowl of cereal.

Today I opened up a box of Caramel Apple Jacks. I haven't had regular Apple Jacks in ages, maybe even decades, but I was curious. I must also say I've never liked caramel apples. Peanut butter and apple slices, maybe, but no caramel apples, no candy apples. Fun fact: I haven't reviewed Apple Jacks, but I did review Cinnamon Jacks many years ago. I don't even remember that one.

Anyway, this morning. The scent of caramel hit me right away. It was intense. Intense enough that I worried I'd be eating mouthfuls of caramel. Yeah, not so much. I sampled an orange/tan ring (meant to be the color of a soft caramel?) followed by a red ring, and they basically tasted the same: like "Apple Jacks" with a hint of caramel. Weird. Also, since when did those rounds get so tiny? I thought they were big and fat like Froot Loops. But I haven't had those in forever, either, so who knows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...