review: *new* Special K -- blueberry

 It's not special, it's Special K.

That about sums it up. Good night, everybody! No, no, I'm kidding. It's a new year, a fresh start, and time for new cereals to hit the shelves. As you may have guessed, I started with this new Special K.

First off, why not just add these bigger blueberries to the Blueberry-Lemon flavor? Second, I totally forgot there already was a Blueberry Special K, but that one had blueberry-oat clusters. This one? Come for the blueberries, stay for even more blueberries.

Special K seems to have the formula down now: rice (or in this case, wheat-and-rice) flakes + large freeze-dried fruit = new cereal. That's why I said this one's no different, nothing special. However, you can't ignore the plump berries. They also have a surprising chew for a freeze-dried fruit; I was expecting more of a crisp bite. And the ratio of berries to flakes seems awfully close to equal. Even in the first pour. You know how fruits and clusters and such end up at the bottom of the box? Not here. Seriously, there's so many blueberries my milk turned blue at the end. And I had almondmilk, so that's already going to take more to noticeably change color.

I don't want to oversell this. You might open a box and think, hey, there's not nearly as many blueberries as I was led to believe. I'm just saying if you like blueberries you won't be disappointed.


********

Up next: who knows? There's so many options. At least four that I've seen in stores.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...