review: Special K -- blueberry

It dawned on me recently that I hadn't eaten this flavor of Special K at all last year...but I know I've tried it once before. So I figured, hey, I'll try it again. This morning I poured without really thinking: blueberry flakes, blueberry flakes, oat clusters? I checked the front of the box. "With oat and blueberry clusters." I totally forgot about that. That certainly elevates it over a just-flake cereal. Now I could have eaten this just fine on its own but I chose to top it with the banana-blueberry Fruit Blends. How many more ways can I possibly say "delicious?"

Maybe you're not looking for an event in your bowl of cereal--I'm not, not every morning--but that was a very successful combination.


*new product alert: Quaker has these new Real Medleys, three with fruit and nuts, one without. They cook in their own little tubs, either add boiling water or stick in the microwave. I suppose that's not much different than the tubs they used to have many years ago. I never tried those because I wasn't sure about the amount of oatmeal.

The main difference is in the flavors. I don't like nuts in my oatmeal but I'd be willing to try the peach-almond in the link above. And the Summer Berry has no nuts, just three kinds of fruit. If we have another bizarre stretch of cold weather (it's still possible in the next two weeks or so) I may have to pick one up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...