review: *new* Raisin Bran Toasted Oats and Honey

 You know how General Mills decided to stick pieces of oat on Cheerios and call it Cheerios Oat Crunch? It seems someone at Kellogg's took a look at that and said, hey, we should do that.

In the grand tradition of Honey Nut Clusters (which, if you'll recall, didn't actually have nuts), Nut & Honey Crunch, and Honey Crunch Corn Flakes (see previous link), slather up some flakes with honey and stick things to them. In this case, oats. And not too much honey. I didn't get an overpowering honey scent in the freshly opened bag or taste from the flakes. What I did get was a weird droopy texture from putting honey on a flimsy bran flake.

Which brings me to this question: why does this cereal need to exist when all the components are already part of Raisin Bran Crunch? Deconstruct the granola, slap it on a flake...(checks labels) the sugar content is the same. Now I'm genuinely puzzled. At least the raisins aren't sugar coated? Also, I could probably make my own version of this with a non-clustery homemade honey granola. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...