review: *new* Maple Brown Sugar Chex

 It's been a while since I've had a new Chex.

Actually, I can't remember the last time I had any flavor of Chex. It's one of those cereals where I think, "oh, yeah, I should get that next time," and then...I don't 😄  But anyway, it's new and it's maple brown sugar, like my second-favorite Life, so I was open to trying it.

First I have to say, good call on making this a corn Chex-based cereal; with rice Chex this would've been too close to Cinnamon Chex. So,  if you like the flavors of maple, brown sugar, and Honey Nut Chex you should like this. I say should because, honestly, I was underwhelmed.

Sniff test: the scent attacks the senses, but in a good way. You'll anticipate the taste. Taste test: I got a bit hung up on the texture--why is this sticky? Is it too crunchy? I think that's the brown sugar coming into play. And the flavor doesn't line up with the promise of the scent; it left me wanting more. It's not bad, just too similar to Honey Nut Chex to really wow me.


 

*******

So that's three down, three to go! 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog