thanks for the new, familiar flavors

Now we're caught up.

It just isn't Thanksgiving without cranberries, and it just isn't a special occasion without me trying out a few new recipes. First, I dared this year to stray from the typical whipped sweet potatoes with marshmallows. These Maple-Cranberry Sweet Potatoes were a hit. I was so relieved, because you never know how tart a cranberry recipe might turn out. Even my brother ate the potatoes and glaze (but not the cranberries--not his thing). While I was making the glaze the scent reminded me of French toast. That reminds me: I made these a day ahead of time and while it turned out fine, the glaze did separate a bit in the refrigerator. Stirring before spooning it on the sweet potatoes did the trick.

As for dessert, I made this Apple-Cranberry Crumb Pie. Here cranberries weren't even an issue. You have to like cinnamon. I mean really like cinnamon. Maybe adding one more apple would've spread the flavors out more, but still, cinnamon is prevalent here. It was great with vanilla ice cream but not my favorite apple pie.

Now I'm on the lookout for Xmas desserts. Maybe a cake...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...