what do you do with leftover chicken?

Answer: you Google "leftover chicken recipes," where this Spiced Couscous and Chicken popped up. I just happened to have everything on hand except the almonds so I had to try it. This was sometime last month after we ate half a roasted chicken; I don't know about you, but I can only eat so many chicken sandwiches.

I wasn't sure how adding the chicken to the dried couscous was going to work but by adding the hot water you not only cook the couscous, you also reheat the chicken without drying it out. My only other issue was with not adding enough ginger (for the people who don't think they like ginger) but next I might just go for it. Also, my mother couldn't wrap her head around eating a meal in a bowl that wasn't soup. I told it wasn't a big deal, she could've used a plate. Her literal logic is mind-boggling sometimes.

But anyway, it's tasty.

********
(There will definitely be a granola review next week, btw.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...