the father's day special

(Yes, I'm just getting around to this.)
So I know I've gone on the record several times about how my dad loves carrot cake. It is his favorite cake, far above any other. So why did I make him a pound cake for his birthday last year? I don't know, but I guess I learned my lesson: don't make birthday cakes all about you. Because a week later, he went out and bought himself a chunk of carrot cake.

Cut to: Father's Day. I decided to play it safe and make a classic Carrot Cake. The only substitution I made was a Greek yogurt frosting (because I found out the hard way that I can't eat cream cheese frosting). That cake was in the fridge for a week and I'm sure he ate most of it. At least half. I guess that means he liked it?

I still didn't use as much carrots as I could have but I was pretty close this time. And my layers did sink a little from too much water in my shredded carrots but it wasn't a disaster like the loaf carrot cake I made a few years back. At least this one was still solid and not gooey.

Now I just need to find another recipe for his next birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...